Sunday, December 06, 2015

Barry Bonds is a Marlin

Well, he's the hitting coach now. I despise the Marlins a little less for giving him the gig.

Here's part of John Shea's interview for the SF chron


You had a great final season. It’s been eight years. How much have you missed it, and do you think that time make it easier . . . to be in uniform again?
“I guess time will tell. Yes, I believe so. I’ve been away for a while. I love biking. I can only ride my bike so much. I love that sport. But baseball’s who I am. This is who I am. This is what I was raised to do. This is what God put me on Earth to do. This is what God blessed me to do. The only way I’m going to find out is if I try. I know some people are going to be upset. Some people are going to be happy. I can’t make everybody happy. That’s the bottom line. That’s what I learned over time as years have gone by in my life. If I don’t try, I won’t know. I’m going to try and see if I’m really good at it.” 
 
How much do you think your return to baseball in a full-time capacity will help your Hall of Fame chances?
“First of all, I don’t vote so I don’t know what that chance will be. I’m a Hall of Fame baseball player. No doubt in my mind. No doubt in my heart. God knows that. That’s all that matters to me. I’ll leave the voting process up to you guys.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home