Saturday, July 11, 2015

Lucius Fox in the Orange and Black

Old news, I know. He's 18 but sounds as if he's going to be ready for the Show in another year or two.

Per the Merc-News -- 
The 6-foot-1, 175-pound Fox is viewed as a shortstop, but his speed could translate to him playing the outfield. The Giants’ current middle infield is occupied by a pair of young All-Stars in 28-year-old Brandon Crawford and 24-year-old Joe Panik.
“I can play any position on the field, honestly,” Fox said. “Whatever helps the organization win or helps the team win, I’ll do whatever.”
Make no mistake though, Fox views himself as an infielder, calling Jose Reyes and Robinson Cano his biggest influences.
“I feel like I can bring the same energy and I can change the game with my speed the way Jose Reyes does,” Fox said.
Giants manager Bruce Bochy said he’s excited to watch him play, which he’ll get a chance to do when Fox participates in instructional league this fall.
“Our scouts are ranting and raving about him,” Bochy said. “His athleticism, his bat, his defense, everything.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home