Sunday, February 22, 2015

The 3 Buster Hugs

Henry Schulman of the SF Chron has a fine piece about Buster Posey being there for the final out of the 2010, 2012 and 2014 World Series. 

Here's part --

 The first thing when I see that picture is, I can’t believe Bumgarner just did what he did. What stands out to me is the conversation we had after Gordon got on third, and just how calm and confident Bum was. He just said, “I got this. I’m going to get him out.” There was no other thought in his mind. It definitely made me settle in a lot more once he said that.
Playing in a Game 7 was completely different. It’s the last game of the year. There are no other games for anybody else in baseball. As a fan, I understand how unique a Game 7 of the World Series is. They don’t come around too often. As much as I could, I tried to appreciate the moment. Once the game got going, it seemed to move pretty quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home