Saturday, May 03, 2014

Tim back to being the Tim of 2011

He held the Braves to one run last night in 6 innings in Atlanta. Henry Schulman of the SF Chron notes in his game story that Lincecum has always been strong against the Braves but us fans know that the last 2 seasons have been damn wobbly for the guy. 

Here's what he said after the game -- "I've got to give myself a pat on the back for what I've been doing and take that out there as motivation," Lincecum said. "I've always done OK against these guys, so I tried to take that out there. You look for anything to give you that positive mind-set."

He got hit hard in his first two starts this year so he currently has a 5.12 ERA but he's now delivered 4 straight quality starts.  

As for career dominance over the ATL, I believe that this game in 2010 -- the first postseason game for the Giants in seven years -- is one of Lincecum's signature games.  

It was a 1-0 vic with Tim throwing a 2-hit shutout with 14 strikeouts. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home