Friday, November 22, 2013

RIP Michael Weiner

Deepest condolences to his family and friends. 

It's humbling to read this long commentary by Jerry Crasnick of ESPN about what a fine man Michael Weiner was. The director of the MLB Players Association died of brain cancer at the age of 51 yesterday. Here's how Crasnick's post ends -- 

"I don't take any day for granted," Weiner told me that November afternoon in 2012. "Maybe this is a lot to ask, but here's what I look for every day: I look for meaning, I look for joy and I look for beauty; and I welcome any interaction with people that helps to support that."
In the course of his life's journey, Michael Weiner gave far more than he received. This is his ultimate legacy: The endless line of people who feel enriched for having known him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home