Friday, February 15, 2013

The other Angel returns

Well, this is intriguing for sure. 

Angel Villalona, who had been one of the brightest offensive prospects for the Orange and Black way back in 2009, is back.

I'd pretty much written him off after a murder charge in the Dominican Republic and forgotten about him as Brandon Belt became a legit MLB player. Here's part of the story from the Giants' web site -- 

Asked to address what happened on the night of the shooting, Villalona said, "I'd rather not talk about it. I'd rather just concentrate on playing baseball."
Villalona said that he trimmed 40 pounds, from 290 to 250, to prepare for Major League camp. His most recent baseball activity was a 44-game stint in the Dominican Summer League last year, when he hit .303 with seven homers and 34 RBIs in 44 games.
"I played very hard, but I am aware that here is a totally different type of baseball," Villalona said. "I know I have to work double because of the competition."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home