Friday, February 08, 2013

Hasta la vista, Theriot

Andrew Baggarly of CSNBay Area is reporting that Ryan Theriot is not coming back to the Orange and Black. The team can't seem to find him. It seems that he didn't like being a part-timer last year.

He will always hold a bright place in the hearts of Giants fans for scoring the last run of 2012. 

  Sounds like someone else will have to throw handfuls of sunflower seeds, chuck protein bars and stop clubhouse traffic with their fashion risks.
The Giants have “lost contact” with Ryan Theriot, said GM Brian Sabean.
Sabean said the club “made an overture” to the veteran infielder around the winter meetings in December, but his agent wanted more time to explore other opportunities. Since then, the two sides have not talked.
The club has Wilson Valdez, Tony Abreu and Kensuke Tanake to compete for a backup infield job. Don’t count out minor leaguer Nick Noonan, who had a much improved season at Triple-A Fresno last season.
Theriot, from what I understand, was looking for more playing time. That’s going to be hard for the Giants to pledge now that Marco Scutaro is back on a three-year contract.
Theriot lost the second base job to Scutaro in late July, but was the DH in Game 4 of the World Series and scored the tiebreaking run as the Giants completed a sweep of the Detroit Tigers.
Now he’s being described like a satellite on the fritz.
“We’ve lost contact,” Sabean said.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert LeRoy Parker said...

"Satellite on the fritz." wtf

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home