Monday, January 07, 2013

Orange and Black quotes

Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury-News assembled more than 100 quotes about the remarkable 2012 season. Here are some of my favorites -- 

 “I’m just glad the whole world got to see what this team is about. Starting with Game 5 of the NLCS, we played our best baseball of the season. I always knew we were capable of this,” Ryan Vogelsong, after the World Series.

 “I get my money’s worth,” Brandon Crawford, on having two grand slams and two three-run homers among his six career homers.

 You never want to say I’ve hit rock bottom or anything like that, but when things are going as bad as they are right now you’ve got to go out there with the feeling like you’ve got nothing left to lose. I have to erase this, obviously remember it and use it to know what I don’t want to go through again. It’s been terrible. It’s a terrible feeling. When you’re the weakest link, that wears on you,” Lincecum, at the end of a disappointing first half.


“We’ve all got a certain number of years to play this game, and obviously last year I saw how quickly it can all be gone. You’ve got to take advantage of each moment you have,” Posey, after making the All-Star team.
“That’s one of the best at-bats I’ve ever had off of me. I threw him at least five put-away pitches, I thought. And he just kept fouling them off. I make one mistake and it’s a homer,” Joe Blanton, after Posey fouled off six straight pitches and then hit a homer during a September game.
“I could see the seam marks on his Adam’s apple. He’s a tough son of a gun. If I was hit in the throat while I was catching, I’d probably be lying on the trainer’s table,” Vogelsong, after his bounced pitch hit Posey in the throat.


“I still can’t believe it. I don’t try to hit home runs. I’m not trying to do too much right now, especially at this time of the season,” Sandoval, after his three-homer game.
“I got punched in the mouth and I don’t even care,” Vogelsong, after winning the World Series.
“You can’t hurt steel. You can’t hurt steel, baby. This group was too special to take down,” Pagan, after winning the World Series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home