Friday, July 20, 2012

Memories of Jonathan Sanchez

A poster named Leftyqb6 posted on the McCovey Chronicles site an amusing reason why Jonathan Sanchez has been DFAd -- 


I live in suburban Atlanta, and my wife and I made plans to go to game 4 (which ended up being the clincher). Ashley is an Atlanta native and likes to claim Braves fanhood, though she rarely watches games unless I'm around and I'm pretty sure she pretends to be a fan just to piss me off. Anyways, we lucked into choice seats...a scalper couldn't move two seats four rows directly behind the Giants dugout and just gave them to us.
At one point during the game, an altercation broke out between two fans a few rows behind us, and all the players standing on the top rail of the dugout turned around to look. Sanchez made eye contact with my wife, who teaches fourth grade at an inner-city elementary school, and glared at her (she was wearing a Braves hat). She gave him her best teacher glare right back. The epic staredown lasted about ten seconds.
Well, you know the rest of the story. Sanchez struggled in his last two starts that postseason, muddled through 2011, got traded to the Royals, and now he's probably in search of a major-league team to be his next employer. I have no way of proving this, but I'm a firm believer that my wife's death stare is what destroyed the career of Jonathan Sanchez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home