Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Back to back!

That has to be some kind of record -- two 3-run homers in the 11th inning by Brandon Crawford and Gregor Blanco.

What a great vic! 


It also bailed out Santiago Casilla from his fifth blown save in the last eight chances. Henry Schulman's game story for the Chron makes it clear that the Giants are going to find another closer. 

I was so disgusted by the blown save -- a 2-run 2-out homer by Brian McCann in the 10th after Freddy Freeman had hit a 2-strike double -- that I took my doggie for a walk. As we were getting back, I looked at my phone and saw that the Giants had gotten two on with Crawford up. A homer was the last thing I expected.

Anyhow -- I think it's time for closer by committee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home