Sunday, June 26, 2011

Thanks, Balkin' Bob

Bob Davidson -- who gifted the Giants yesterday's win -- was the same ump who called the 12th inning balks on Armando Benitez back in May, 2007, which were followed by a walkoff homer by Carlos Delgado.

That was the last game Benitez ever pitched for the Giants -- they traded him 2 days later to the Marlins for Randy Messenger. I was glad to see him go. For me, Benitez may have been the Giant who was hardest to like in the 54 seasons that I've followed the team.

He hasn't been in the MLB since pitching eight games for the Jays in 2008. He got signed and released in 2009 by Houston and then by Florida last year without making it back to the MLB.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There will always be a cold spot in hell for AJ Pierzynski. I think I could pick Benitez for the team again over him.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Big D said...

Now that's a tough call -- AJ or Armando. My vote is Armando, who was awful over a longer stretch

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home