Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm not wearing Giants gear to a Dodger home game

That's my reaction to an LA Times column by Helene Elliot, discussing last night's game at Dodger Stadium amid increased security due to the Bryan Stow tragedy. I'm not totally convinced that the type of sociopaths who nearly killed Stow won't strike again.

I stopped wearing Giants gear to Dodger games at least 20 years ago. If you are considering doing so, I'd strongly suggest against it, even if it's not a Giants game. If you're undecided, here's a snippet from the article --

Stow, a father of two, was transferred Tuesday from L.A. County-USC Medical Center to San Francisco General Hospital and remains in critical condition. In a news release neurosurgery chief Geoff Manley offered some cautious good news, saying Stow had not experienced any seizures for 30 hours and had been weaned off one of five antiseizure medications.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are talking about no place for hate in baseball, but on the right side of the page-- two polls about HATE WORTHY people and teams. There is no place on the field OR BLOGS for hate.
As my dad said: Find someone to root FOR, not against.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Robert LeRoy Parker said...

Good advice. No need to risk your life over a baseball game.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Big D said...

Anonymous -- It's a good point, I suppose but I think you are taking it a bit far. I don't think that because I say the Dodgers are hate-worthy, it means that I condone violence.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Big D said...

...and all I said was "I'm not wearing Giants gear to Dodger Stadium"

why don't you re-read my post before making a comment?

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home