Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Embarrassed to be a Dodger

Mike Piazza has retired and indicated that he'd rather go into the Hall of Fame with a Mets hat on rather than a Dodger hat:

“I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn’t have been the same without the greatest fans in the world,” Piazza said in his statement. “One of the hardest moments of my career was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career, and for that, I will always be grateful.”

My snarky comment -- Dodger fans got a boatload of payback for their years of arrogance when Fox bought the team from Peter O'Malley and decided to trade Piazza because he wanted more money -- a $100 million deal over six or seven years -- even though he was the most popular Dodger player since Fernando Valenzuela and even though he was probably worth it. So on May 14, 1998: Traded by the Los Angeles Dodgers with Todd Zeile to the Florida Marlins for Manuel Barrios, Bobby Bonilla, Jim Eisenreich, Charles Johnson, and Gary Sheffield. Then the Dodgers took $100 million and signed Kevin Brown during the next off-season. Eat it, Dodger fans. Eat it raw.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dan said...

The Mets drank the Dodgers' milkshake when they got Piazza from the Marlins.

Dodger fans: The worst fans in baseball, hands-down.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home