Thursday, April 10, 2008

As good as it gets?

The Giants got their first easy win tonight by scoring a season-high 5 runs and more outstanding pitching for the third game in a row. And it was over the Cards, who came in at 7-2 and we're probably thinking 4-game sweep. I'm thinking that this may be the high point of the season but now, of course, I want MORE. I'm thinking "What if they win 5 more in a row? How DEPRESSING for Dodger fans!"

And though I hate anyone get injured, even that news isn't too bad. The latest to go down is Dave Roberts, which evokes a "what did you expect" reaction since he's 36 already. Why in hell Sabean hasn't moved him to the Mets or some other team that needed an outfielder is kind of idiotic. That means maybe Eugenio Velez, Fred Lewis, Rajai Davis and Nate Schierholtz will get enough playing time to see if one of them is a legitimate MLBer.

The projected record is now a much less embarrassing 65-97.

1 Comments:

Blogger M.C. O'Connor said...

I love the continuously improving projected record. One part of me wants them to go 42-120 so the entire management will get shit-canned. The biggest part of me loves the boys and wants 'em to WIN. But if they exceed expectations we'll get stuck with Bonehead Botchy and The Sabester for another go-round. Tough call.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home