Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Amazingly stupid speculation about Sabean

Some blogger named Tom Swidorski at Dugout Central -- clearly still unhinged over the Mets collapse during the last 17 games of the 2007 season -- has proposed that if the Mets stumble again, Omar Minaya would be replaced as the GM, and then listed Brian Sabean as one of the four possible candidates.

I wish it were true but Swidorski is obviously on another planet. The Sabean part of the post is truly delusional and logic-defying -- Born and bred on the east coast, would Sabean be open to moving “back home’? He worked for years in the Yankees organization and had a role in the drafting and signing of Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada and Andy Pettitte. Yes, the shadows of Barry Bonds, steroids, the Balco situation and his horrible trade with sending Joe Nathan, Boof Bonser and Francisco Liriano to the Twins for A.J. Pierzysnki loom large, but perhaps a fresh start back in familiar surroundings would be acceptable to Mr. Sabean. However, I am not sure the Mets would want a GM with his type of baggage, but it is food for thought, and certainly a subject for debate.

My snarky response -- When I'm trying to impress people about my skills and why I should be hired, I always tell them about things I did 15 to 20 years ago. Also, I'm your new President, the new leftfielder for the Giants and I'll be time-traveling to meet Cleopatra later this evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dan said...

Looks like someone's been niipping at the cooking sherry.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home