Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ron Santo is an idiot

No wonder Cubs fans can be so annoying, what with listening Ron Santo's constant whining about how "we" need a hit and "we" have been playing well. No insight at all. He's worse than the Cards' Mike Shannon and the Astros' Milo Hamilton but not quite as bad as the Padres' insufferable Ted Leitner.

So it was with a considerable amount of delight that I got listen to Santo go silent as Brad Hennesey closed the door tonight after a leadoff 2B to Aramis with three straight groundball outs.

Henry Schulman's story in the SF Chronicle makes the interesting point that the exertion that Bonds put the Cubs reliever through during his pinch-hit appearance might have had something to do with why he walked the next two batters to let in what turned out to be the winning run.

And the Phils butt-kicked the Dodgers tonight 15-3 with 26 hits. The annoying Charlie Steiner was telling jokes that made no sense but at least he's nowhere near as painful to listen to as Santo or Leitner.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Cubs fan, but I'm with you. Ron Santo is VERY annoying. If I hear him yell, "GOD!" after Lee hits into a double play ever again, I think I'll rip my ears off. Doesn't he realize the exclamation is MY job as a listener. HE'S supposed to be telling me what's happening, so I can scream and kick the ground.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with you on Santo, but if you put Shannon in the same category as him then you are obviously a damn fool

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home