Wednesday, June 06, 2007

"Wednesday's worse"

Another day, another disgusting loss. The Giants have now gone 2-4 since Brian Sabean's stupid blame-everyone tirade. Don't you think that the club might be a tad demoralized by what he said?

The Giants currently have the 6th best pitching in MLB but they have little ability to take advantage of that due to them having the 19th best offense, measured by runs scored. They've lost 21 games by 2 runs or less.

Only one thing to do -- It's time to post the lyrics from T-Bone Walker's "Stormy Monday":

They call it stormy Moday, but Tuesday's just as bad
They call it stormy Moday, but Tuesday's just as bad
Wednesday's worse, and Thursday's also sad

Yes the eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out to play
Eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out to play
Sunday I go to church, then I kneel down and pray

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy on me
Lord have mercy, my heart's in misery
Crazy about my baby, yes, send her back to me

2 Comments:

Anonymous Nick Cannata-Bowman said...

The name of this blog always comes off as ironic during such cold streaks for Los Gigantes. To me, it more represents a hope more than a reality.

More on topic, this team is terrible in close games. If I have to see a team celebrate around home plate after a walkoff homer I'm gonna put a bat through my TV (a real bat or a baseball bat? I'll leave that up to your imagination...)

12:58 AM  
Blogger Big D said...

Thanks for the great post. You make a great point -- Giants losses are a lot easier to take on the radio, just because there's no irritating image of some peripheral guy, like Eric Byrnes, celebrating.

Keep up the great work at Giants Cove!

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home