Thursday, May 10, 2007

What's to like?

Let's see -- I dislike the Colorado Rockies franchise and the inability of the Giants front office to come up with a decent offensive team, resulting in Bonds being walked incessantly -- as he was tonight in the 5-3 loss. But I have to admit that the team continues to behave like adults and take accountability for their mistakes. Here's Omar Vizquel tonight on his errror --

"The ball was hit hard enough to try to make the out at third," said Vizquel, whose participation in three double plays gave him 1,590, tying him with Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith for first on the all-time list among shortstops. "The way I caught it, I thought I had a better chance at third than throwing to first. I took my chances at third and I blew it."

So now the Giants are back to .500 with three more games in Denver. Yuck.

3 Comments:

Blogger allfrank said...

I don't see where you come up with the conclusion that Giants are not "a decent offensive team." Going head to head with two of the top offensive teams in the NL (Mets, Phillies), and going by total runs for the six games, the Giants outscored those teams. The Giants are also, when corrected for games played, leading the NL West in runs scored.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Big D said...

They are in the lower half of all MLB teams, as measured by runs scored at 147.

3:17 AM  
Blogger Big D said...

...and more to the point, they well below the scoring rate of much lower-budget teams like the Reds and Brewers.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home