Thursday, May 17, 2007

Eat it, Milo

If you had the pleasure of being an XM Radio subscriber, you would have gotten to hear Astros relentlessy homer announcer Milo Hamilton whining about the lucky break the Giants got when Randy Winn's single hit the 1st base bag in the 12th for what turned out to be the winning run in Houston.

This comes from a guy whose team had the enormous good fortune to get past the Braves and Cards and into the World Series two years ago and then completely humiliate itself. My point is that the Astros have had more than their share of good luck recently.

Eat it, Milo. Eat it raw.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Astros weren't "humiliated" at the World Series. Every single one of those games was close and could have gone either way. It was their first trip to the World Series and I think they did just fine. I'm no Astros fan, but I don't hate on teams I know almost nothing about. Also, Hamilton is a legendary announcer and a decent man. Of course he leans toward the Astros when announcing. That's who he announces FOR!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Big D said...

Whatever. Glad to see you're so up to date, anonymous. And I'm not "hating" on Milo -- I'm simply pointing out that he's really lousy when I hear him on XM.

If you'd bother to check out other announcers, you'd discover that plenty of them -- the Red Sox, the Dodgers, the Giants, the As, for example, -- don't have that kind of disgusting "homer-ism.:

3:02 PM  
Blogger Big D said...

As for the Astros' "performance" at the World Series, all I have to say is 4-game sweep = humiliation

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home