Sunday, May 13, 2007

Dave Roberts = Wally Pipp?

Older fans will know what I mean. Wally Pipp was the regular first-baseman for the Yankees who sat a day for Lou Gehrig and never got his starting spot back.

So here's Fred Lewis called up in an emergency to replace Dave Roberts. In his 16th MLB game, he hits for cycle. OK, so it was at Coors Field, but still....maybe the kid is going to make it.

I wonder if Matt Cain was wondering about where all this offense was in some of his previous starts.

1 Comments:

Blogger SonDog said...

Lewis was incredible today. I had the pleasure of going to the game and sitting a few rows behind home plate (a lot of empty seats in Denver) and Lewis looked tremendous. I realize that's an obvious statement, but the way he hit the ball to all fields was pretty special. I'm on the bandwagon for both Lewis AND Frandsen.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home