Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bombs away in LA

Though Barry Zito has gotten most of the attention for being an early-season disappointment so far, Jason "Traitor" Schmidt is looking more and more like a high-priced bust for the Dodgers. He couldn't even get out of the third inning tonight, leaving the game trailing 6-0 after giving up 7 hits including two homers. He faced 16 batters and got only six of them out.

The Dodgers other big free agent signing, Juan Pierre, has been under the Mendoza line and didn't even start.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aneel said...

I don't really have a problem with Schmidt... I think he would have stayed with SF had we given him a similar offer... that doesn't mean I won't enjoy watching him get shelled, but I'd certainly give him a nice ovation if he pitched a game in SF that i attended.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Big D said...

You're a better person than I am, Aneel. I would have given him an ovation had he joined any other team except the Dodgers.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home