Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Jonathan Sanchez comes back, big time

Distressing news about Noah Lowry's elbow, but still, what a validation of the faith in Sanchez in today's 3-2 victory with 7 strikeouts. Let me say that again -- 7 strikeouts. The Reds announcers on XM had to admit he was lights out.

As I was listening to Sanchez carry a no-hitter into the 5th, I thought of Bill James once writing that it's somewhat pointless to keep legit MLB players in the minors for extended periods. His major thrust was that the sooner a guy learns how things work at the MLB level, the better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fuck You Google said...

Yeah man, that stinks about Noah's elbow...

But then, just like you said - 14 strikeouts - amazing.

http://theresourceguide.blogspot.com

5:40 PM  
Blogger Big D said...

Actually, I messed up and read another blog that it had been 14 Ks so I posted 14 strikeouts; then I revised it to 7 when I re-checked. The thing is, Sanchez was so overwhelming that 14 strikeouts actually sounded credible.

Sorry for the mistake!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home