Thursday, July 27, 2006

I hate to say it...

But I told you so. I've said it over and over and over. GET. RID. OF. BENITEZ.

And that's the only satisfaction I can take from another Blownitez Meltdown tonight in DC for back-to-back Blown Saves -- complete with his usual blaming someone else for his own incompetence.

"I needed to get a groundball for a double play. I got a groundball. I came back and got a groundball again. I did my job."

Let's review, shall we? He faced six batters -- walked Fick, got Soriano out on a lucky strikeout, gave up a groundball to Lopez that was hit so hard that it was scored as a hit, gave up another hit to Zimmerman, walked Nick Johnson and gave up the winning run on a long fly ball out to Kearns. Then, rather than take any responsibility, he blames Durham. I haven't detested a Giant this much since Ricky Ledee was on the team. He is a weasel.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dan said...

As A Mets fan, I sympathize with your plight. As long as its a June game against the Brewers, Osama (er, Armando) is just fine; it is in the Big Games that he gags. His afilures with the Mets in big situations are legendary.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home